|Home | Products | Issue Tracker | FAQ | Download|
|Authors:||Project Steering Committee|
Table of Contents
The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the long awaited release of MapServer 6.0.0.
The 6.0 release introduces important changes in key components of the MapServer core, as well as a large number of new features and enhancements. The complete list of changes and enhancements is too long to include here, so here is a quick list of RFCs related to this release:
- MS RFC 50: OpenGL Rendering Support
- MS RFC 58: Kml Output
- MS RFC 60: Labeling enhancement: MAXOVERLAPANGLE
- MS RFC 61: Enhance MapServer Feature Style Support
- MS RFC 62: Support Additional WFS GetFeature Output Formats
- MS RFC 63: Built-in OpenLayers map viewer
- MS RFC 66: Better handling of temporary files
- MS RFC 67: Enable/Disable Layers in OGC Web Services
- MS RFC 68: Support for combining features from multiple layers
- MS RFC 69: Support for clustering of features in point layers
More details are also available in the 6.0 Release Plan.
Users upgrading to 6.0 from an older 5.x release are strongly encouraged to start by reviewing the 5.6 -> 6.0 Migration Guide. This document contains important notes on backwards incompatibilities or other changes required when upgrading to 6.0.
The source for this release can be downloaded at:
The other binary distributions listed in the download page should also be updated with binaries for the new release shortly.
The MapServer documentation team is continuing to update and maintain documents, and are happy to announce that MapServer documentation is now available in English, German, French, and Spanish. Volunteers are always needed to help translate documents and update the documentation. The documentation team asks those volunteers interested in translating documents to please introduce yourself on the mapserver-dev email list.
Finally, thank you to all of the users, developers, and supporters of MapServer. Enjoy!
The MapServer Team